St. Mark’s Hospital is home to some of the best and brightest medical staff in the world.
Our vision is of a future free from the fear of bowel disease through research, education and dissemination of clinical excellence.
St Mark’s Hospital Foundation is a charity that raises vital funds and awareness of the pioneering research at St Mark’s, the UK’s national bowel hospital.
Our mission is to improve the lives of patients affected by complex bowel disease through research, education and the dissemination of clinical excellence.
Our vision is to create a future free from the fear of bowel disease.
Bowel disease deserves attention because…
- Bowel cancer is the second biggest cancer killer in the Western world
- It is the fourth most common cancer in the UK
- 100 people a day are diagnosed with bowel cancer
- IBD is a painful and debilitating disease that affects 5 million people worldwide
St Mark’s Hospital Foundation consistently raises money throughout the year which helps fund cutting-edge research, education and training.
The clinical and research staff at St Mark’s have made progress in areas including;
- Imaging and diagnostic screening
- Genetics and gut biomes
- Parenteral nutrition
- Tissue engineering
- Organoid research